Martin-Baker is the world leader in the design and manufacture of aircraft ejection seats. The company has a presence worldwide and approached Tusker Industrial Safety to design and install a sonic welding bay in its test facility in Oxfordshire. This is the third installation that Tusker Industrial Safety has completed for Martin-Baker.
The requirement was for a standalone bay within a test facility of explosive cylinders for ejector seats, with sonic capability to reduce noise levels for the welder working within the bay. The bay was also required to have a sliding rail entry system, with strip curtaining.
The bay is 3.03 x 2.5 x 2.2m (W x D x H) with a ground clearance of 160mm-180mm.
Talk to us about bays
- Version: Perforated sheet metal on both sides, filling made of sound-absorbing mineral wool, optimal compacted (75kg/m^3) with black glass fibre fleece. In the middle is a thin steel plate.
- Filling: The filling is a Rockwool product made of mineral wool with a fire behaviour classified to EN3501-A1.
- Mounting: With adjustable feet on the floor.
- Colour: RAL 5002
Sliding strips in a double rail:
- 2x Sliding 170cm wide segment with welding strips. Self-extinguishing PVC EN ISO 25980 approved
- Height: 1960mm. Width: 300mm
- Thickness: 2mm. Overlap: 10cm
- Mounting: Rail Supports, connectors, Rail 30×35 mm, Rail reinforcement, End caps for rail 30 x 35mm, Two-wheel runners, Pipe Clamps, Rail stops with buffer, Tube DIA 33.7mm and End caps for tube DIA 33.7mm, plastic suspension clips
SEO & Website Management by Web Design and SEO Company Limited